Sunday, November 20, 2011

it's happening!









with the help of my dear dad, who put together this earring stand (which i then spray-painted, and added many many nails to)... we're heading to slice of life bakery! well, not immediately... there are a few things to be figured out first. but soon! soon this stand full of earrings, (a few) bracelets, and necklaces will be gracing the presence of slice of life bakery.

YAY!

it's a huge blessing to me that my family is willing to carry my creations in their bakery. i mean, i have a very creative family, so it's not a huge surprise. my mom will be bringing some of her quilts to showcase and sell. and hopefully my sister-in-law will be bringing some mosaics she made. there are many more talents in my family, but those are just a few that will be showcased in the bakery. except, potentially one day, when my husband and his band (guerrilla warfare - which is basically a family band plus a friend who is now practically adopted) will likely perform their wonderfully eclectic music live at the bakery. one day.

so, for my beautiful earring stand... i had my dad put together the plywood and work his magic so it would stand nicely. i then spray-painted it with a wonderful hammered/textured effect (in brown). then i strategically placed tiny nails all over the board and hammered them in securely! once that was done, i just didn't feel like it was finished. so, i thought, "hey, why not add the name 'outside the shoebox' somehow to this stand?". that's when i found some lace, cut it up into letters and hot-glue-gunned those suckers to the board! after that, i felt it was complete. well, of course, i needed to put all the jewellery on it first!

so, TA DA! here's the beautiful stand that my dad and i came up with:

ain't she a beauty?

No comments:

Post a Comment